Get This - RSS feeds

For anything to do with Tony Martin - Get This, Martin/Molloy, Lolly Scramble, fan mail...

Moderator: ShitScared

Modified Betamax
Muckraker

Get This - RSS feeds

Post by Modified Betamax » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:57 pm

Hey guys, the Pure Humbug collection of Get This looks to be a bit more comprehensive than this site's audioboom collections, so I wrote a quick Pure Humbug to RSS converter and it spat out the following RSS feeds you might be able to make use of:

RSS Feed: Get This - 2006
RSS Feed: Get This - 2007
RSS Feed: Get This - Illegal Download
RSS Feed: Miscellaneous Tony (and Ed and Rich) (There look to be a few dead links on this one)

A couple of questions:

These files appear to differ to my (jesus) 10 year old mp3s of Get This. Is the Pure Humbug collection the rumored "less edited/rougher/more piss farting" version of Get This that I've heard about, or is that another collection again?

Is there a concerted effort underway, public or clandestine, to liberate the Best of MM recordings that the NFSA has, sourced from Tony's tapes?
Last edited by Modified Betamax on Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Re: Get This - RSS fees

Post by ShitScared » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:55 pm

Modified Betamax wrote:Hey guys, the Pure Humbug collection of Get This looks to be a bit more comprehensive than this site's audioboom collections, so I wrote a quick Pure Humbug to RSS converter and it spat out the following RSS feeds you might be able to make use of:

RSS Feed: Get This - 2006
RSS Feed: Get This - 2007
RSS Feed: Get This - Illegal Download
RSS Feed: Miscellaneous Tony (and Ed and Rich) (There look to be a few dead links on this one)
Our Audioboom feed is just a backup of our files we had here for years that featured in various places such as Mega, Mediafire, Google Drive etc... I finally compiled into the one area such as Audioboom as there was only so much free storage and reliability other places had, as most of our collection was stored on Pure Humbug which was at one stage threatened to collapse.
Modified Betamax wrote:These files appear to differ to my (jesus) 10 year old mp3s of Get This. Is the Pure Humbug collection the rumored "less edited/rougher/more piss farting" version of Get This that I've heard about, or is that another collection again?
The Pure Humbug collection is originally sourced from here. 99.9 % of the files are "less edited/rougher/more piss farting" as myself and a few others are the original source of recording and obtaining the collection from their original broadcast of 2006 - 2007.

I'm very confident that other places you get the collection from (such as the FB Get This Page, any of the torrents etc) are directly from our collection we established.

I can tell as I put one watermark in a Santo Cilauro episode, as well as explaining why some of the early episodes are missing a 'beginning'... such as one of the Santo eps. Because it came from me and having issues with how I recorded them.

You also may noticed mid June - July 2007 the audio quality was lower. That's because I went overseas for a few weeks, and other members of the forum recorded the web stream.

You can read the history of how the entire collection started in this thread: http://champagnecomedy.com/forum/viewto ... f=10&t=237 - starting March 30, 2006. Includes most likely dead links to the original audio.

In fact: Here's the first full show post back on May 15, 2006 http://champagnecomedy.com/forum/viewto ... 2860#p2860 . From there, full shows started to be shared.
Modified Betamax wrote:Is there a concerted effort underway, public or clandestine, to liberate the Best of MM recordings that the NFSA has, sourced from Tony's tapes?
Not really - but the files we have on Audioboom are files from our collection, majority sourced from the collection of a member who passed away - baudrillard. He transferred most of his tapes and shared them to the forum. But you're more than welcome to start one.

Hope that answers your questions :)

waker
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by waker » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:05 pm

ShitScared wrote:You can read the history of how the entire collection started in this thread: http://champagnecomedy.com/forum/viewto ... f=10&t=237 - starting March 30, 2006. Includes most likely dead links to the original audio.
Ah, this was a fun read again. I'm really pleased to have been a part of getting these great shows out there in full. And I can't believe it was bloody ten years ago!!! There's lots of internet connection issues that just wouldn't be a problem today! Time for a relisten to the complete series methinks. Maybe after I'm done with my TLS rewatch 8-)

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:34 pm

waker wrote:Ah, this was a fun read again. I'm really pleased to have been a part of getting these great shows out there in full. And I can't believe it was bloody ten years ago!!! There's lots of internet connection issues that just wouldn't be a problem today! Time for a relisten to the complete series methinks. Maybe after I'm done with my TLS rewatch 8-)
I know, right? 10 years ago now.. and times have changed. Great time and effort by yourself and many others.

Modified Betamax
Muckraker

Re: Get This - RSS feeds

Post by Modified Betamax » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:08 pm

Thanks for the info ShitScared - I remember baudrillard and his rapidshare posts, it's sad to hear he's gone.

I think you guys have done an awesome job in preserving this stuff that was right on the cusp of the current age where everything is digitised, backed up and archived for eternity. It's like a modern day version of a scribe 1000 years ago translating what was to them an old copy of some long dead philosopher's writings into a modern language. I think Australian or media historians of the future will appreciate what you've done here.

Listening to the old MM episodes that were taken from your tapes, I in some ways appreciate the warbled tape noises and old-school mobile phone beep interruptions. It really drives home that you're listening to an artifact from a bygone era (which in my case was known as junior highschool).

waker
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by waker » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:36 pm

ShitScared wrote:
waker wrote:Ah, this was a fun read again. I'm really pleased to have been a part of getting these great shows out there in full. And I can't believe it was bloody ten years ago!!! There's lots of internet connection issues that just wouldn't be a problem today! Time for a relisten to the complete series methinks. Maybe after I'm done with my TLS rewatch 8-)
I know, right? 10 years ago now.. and times have changed. Great time and effort by yourself and many others.
But most of all, your good self my dear ShitScared. We 100% wouldn't have the archive that we do without your efforts.

I can tell time has passed and things are different because I have this strange urge to 'like' everyone's forum posts!