FAQ - Read Before Creating A New Thread - For ALL Members

If it's not related to The D-Gen or any of the other threads, post it on here!

Moderator: ShitScared

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

FAQ - Read Before Creating A New Thread - For ALL Members

Post by ShitScared » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:20 am

The long awaited FAQ is here.

BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE - This site is owned and run by forum admin kim. So if you have anyone to thank for discovering how actually cool this site and forum really is and how hip and wicked we all are, give her a pat on the back and a 3 pack of CDs.

We all know you're a fan of The Late Show and any other related project to the people who were involved with The D-Generation onwards. Now here's your Q & A time.

NOTE: The owner of this site has nothing to do with any distribution of any products whatsoever. If currency is exchanged (it varies per person's discretion), it is not for profit, but to cater costs for postage and DVDs etc.

* How do I get all the full episodes of The Late Show?

---- You MUST have established yourself here first. Your chances are near ZERO if you've signed up and asked for them straight away. Make a few dozen posts first!! -----

We don't highly publicize the fact we have these due to legal issues. There are copies of the entire 2 seasons / 40 episodes (covering 20 DVDS) of The Late Show floating around on this forum which have been collected and painstakingly restored by forum member BenG, with help from others. Yes, we realise that the episodes are available for torrent, but most of us do not recommend it - it's not kindly looked upon. Please visit here to understand why we would like to keep it at ease and here to find out how to request your own version. There may be a few pages to read, but you'll find out how to contact the right people. Please do not start a new thread.

Please note: the members do this on a voluntary basis on their own time and money, so if you don't get a response straight away - we all have a life to live too. DO NOT HASSLE BenG / BenjaminG.

There's no secret handshake, but we prefer you own The Late Show Champagne Edition on DVD, as well as Bargearse and The Olden Days DVD.

* How do I get my hands on the entire The Mick Molloy Show DVDs?

Please read here. Remember - Filling requests comes on a voluntary basis. Please don't pester or abuse members if they don't respond to requests.

* How do I get my hands on The D-Generation episodes?

A compilation of The Best Of and The 2nd Best of is already out on DVD. We do now have the entire uncut episodes, but we have a handful so far. Visit here. Once again - voluntary basis.

* How do I get my hands on all the Get This shows?

Technically there are complete collections out there, but the "higher" quality versions are from the members who contributed here. There is the complete podcasts collection, and there is the recorded full shows which have had the irrelevant songs and ads removed. The 2006 thread is here, and 2007 thread is here. Some links are still alive, but you only way you can tell is if you check them out, Alternatively, you can download from Pure Humbug or if you sift through here - this site is owned by a forum member here. Don't abuse it.

* How do I get a version of Get This "Illegal Download"?

Visit here and read.

* How do I get Martin/Molloy shows?

These randomly pop up by members (mainly baudrillard). You'll just have to search for the threads and find a link when it appears.

* How do I get my hands on a copy of all the Martin/Molloy albums?

Tony Martin has mentioned that they have been deleted from production. So your best bet is to get it second hand from ebay or your local second hand record store.

* What about The Breakfast Tapes / Satanic Sketches etc?

Same deal. Congratulations if you find a brand new version in a store.

* What's the theme song used for Martin/Molloy?

Eighteen Strings by Tinman

* What song was used for the ending of Martin/Molloy?

Lowdown by Boz Scaggs

* What's the theme song used for Get This?

Hate To Say I Told You So by The Hives. During the second year of the show, during the half way break, the Richard Cheese lounge version of the same song was used.

* What's the theme song for The Late Show (original broadcast, not from the Champagne DVD)?

Turn Me Loose (Dr. Feelgood) by James Brown

* What's the name of that song they used on the menu of the Champagne Edition?

It's actually royalty free production music called "Watersports".

* What's going on with Boytown Confidential (and is it available anywhere)?

Your guess is as good as ours. Tony only has only dropped hints throughout Get This and newspaper articles. Unfortunately there is no clear answer and there's legal issues about it. As far as we know (though not 100% sure how accurate it is), allegedly (!!!) there was a fallout with the production costs with the BoyTown DVD release and allegedly (!!!) Tony offered to pay for the costs out of his own pocket, but nothing eventuated.

As far as we know - it's not available to the general public

Whatever the reason...

* What's going on with the Mick / Tony feud?

... Mick and Tony only talk through lawyers. We hope this doesn't last forever and things work out soon.

* Did Tony Martin and Shaun Micallef have a TV show planned together (AKA what happened with mousePATROL)?

Yes, and sadly it didn't get past the pilot stage. However, some sketches/jokes have been slipped into Micallef's show Newstopia.

* Who is the 'censored/pixelated' actor on Bargearse?

Not sure, but feel free to argue who it may be here.

* Hi! This is Warwick Capper! I'm new here!

Hey! Still reminising about the 80's? Feel free to pop in and say hello here. Even if you feel you can't contribute with any items, you can still discuss stuff!

* Did Mick really piss on his own set on the first episode of The Mick Molloy Show?

No. He did show a sketch involving a fake version of the pilot where an obviously drunk Mick did piss on his set (the joke being that Mick thought the pilot had gone great when it was an obvious disaster). But various elements in the local press, looking for a quick hook to beat up on the show, misrepresented what had happened.

* I heard there's a podcast that Tony, Ed and Matt D made in tribute to the late Richard Marsland. How do I get it?

You can officially get the 75 minute podcast for free from iTunes. Just go to the store and type in "Marsland". It's called Get This: Richard Marsland Lives.
If you find any subscription service of the Get This back catalogue and are asking for money, you are being ripped off and it's illegal.

Update 5/1/10: The official Get This podcasts are now available again on iTunes legally, thanks to E H K Productions (we assume it's Mr E Kavalee, or Mr Ed K.). The official site is here, or search for Get This in iTunes Store.

* Bring back THE LATE SHOW!

Technically that's not a question.. but love the enthusiasm.

* What's Tony Martin's site that he keeps promoting?

Tony runs a site called The Scrivener's Fancy. As of 31/1/12 - the site no longer exists, with no clear explanation why. Sorry. Can't help you. Hopefully Tony will publish one day.

* How do I contact Tony Martin?

The best way to contact Tony directly is on Twitter, would you believe...

Just sign up to Twitter if you don't have an account and follow him under @MrTonyMartin. Just don't expect an immediate answer, or any type of response personally. He is a busy man watching his criterion laser disc collection you know... Also -

a) We are not his agents or management.
b) We do not have his personal contact details.

* Speaking of Twitter, who is on there?

Tony Martin - @MrTonyMartin
Jane Kennedy - @Jane_L_Kennedy
Tom Gleisner - @TomGleisner
Mick Molloy - @MickMolloy
Working Dog - @WorkingDogProd
Have You Been Paying Attention - @HYBPA
Santo, Sam & Ed - @SantoSamEd

----

More to come shortly.

Don't forget - you don't just need to talk about The Late Show. You can discuss anything Australian TV / Film / Comedy related-wise here. Yes, we even let the odd Ricky Gervais nut in (only because Tony Martin mentioned him a few times).

Any other questions and answers I'm missing? Add them here and I'll delete your post once updated.
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:37 pm

Off the top of my head, some questions:

Who's the 'censored' actor on Bargearse?

Is there some feud between Working Dog and Steve Vizard (not a biggie, but it does come up)?

Did Mick really piss on his own set on the first episode of The Mick Molloy Show?

More if I can think of them...
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"

loop
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by loop » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:38 pm

What's the name of that song they used on the menu of the Champagne Edition?
*MYSTIFIED SILENCE*

TL: DR "They look for a fucking can of Tuna for 310 pages"
-
The Road by Cormac McCarthy

stupidmeatball
Champagne Comedian

Post by stupidmeatball » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:18 pm

Maybe make a point about how this forum isn't just limited to The Late Show and how we are almost an unofficial Australian Comedy forum.
Now a'Tweetin'.
scrivenersfancy Someone has finally loaded the 'Late Show' Commercial Crimestoppers on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/stupidmeatball

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:14 am

It would help to if you gave me the answers with the questions as I don't know most of them... :P
Blog
VALE Ricky M

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:40 am

Okay (for my questions at least):

Who's the 'censored' actor on Bargearse? [I have no idea, but I know there's some threads that do]

What's going on with Boytown Confidential (and is it available anywhere)? [it's filmed but Mick Molloy's production company didn't include it on the DVD release of Boytown. It's not commercially available (apart from clips on the Boytown DVD), hasn't been leaked to the internet, and it's highly doubtful it'll ever see the light of day]

What's going on with the Mick / Tony feud (maybe see above)? [way too much to write in my lunch break... anyone?]

Is there some feud between Working Dog and Steve Vizard (not a biggie, but it does come up)? [they don't seem to get along]

Did Tony Martin and Shaun Micallef have a TV show planned together (AKA what happened with mousePATROL)? [yes, it was called mousePATROL, episodes were written and (I think) a pilot was filmed, but the ABC passed. Most of the material has since surfaced on Get This and Newstopia]

Did Mick really piss on his own set on the first episode of The Mick Molloy Show? [No. He did show a sketch involving a fake version of the pilot where an obviously drunk Mick did piss on his set (the joke being that Mick thought the pilot had gone great when it was an obvious disaster). But various elements in the local press, looking for a quick hook to beat up on the show, misrepresented what had happened.]

*edit* I really should have read SS additions before I chimed in - sorry to repeat stuff...
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"

snatto gauro
Champagne Comedian

Post by snatto gauro » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:52 am

Not exactly sure of the wording but maybe something like how longs this site been around and who runs it or similiar then just a brief history of how the site came about and all Kims [and others]hardwork keeping it going,just a brief history or whatever....which im sure you would have more info on the answers than me SS. Great job on what you have done so far.

kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:41 pm

SS you are brilliant. I've just had a really busy and overwhelming few months so haven't had much time to really administer the forum - when I do pop in, all seems to be ticking along OK ... thank you for the FAQ, it'll make things so much easier!
I'm a thinker.... I thinka!

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:48 pm

Time for a refresher. Any more Q&As I need to type up? I updated the following:

Pure humbug details
Official Get This podcasts on itunes and the site
Tony Martin on Twitter
Scrivener's Fancy
Blog
VALE Ricky M

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:01 am

You could update the M/M details as I've moved everything I have into those folders on mediafire. Other than that you could add that if any of those links are dead to PM me to reupload them. I'll also set up a folder for the 1997 stuff done so far in the next day or so.

Maybe put something about the radio serials as well. Funky Squad, Medico Point, Implausible Rescue and Johnny Swank. I can put them all into a folder too.

Oh and requests for expired links... ? Maybe we should have a sticky for requests of those type. I'm probably going to have to ask for some things to be upped again too because of the HD crash I had. (Urgh, it's been twice now in reality.)
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida