Episode/clip query

Chat and reminisce about The Late Show, an Australian comedy series which aired on ABC from 1992- 1993.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

Martin and Molloy

Episode/clip query

Post by Martin and Molloy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:08 am

Hi Guys,

This is a bit of a stab in the dark as its quite a short segment but I was wondering if anyone remembers an episode where Tony Martin was over in Scotland (for some reason) and he was doing his street interviews over there, crossing 'live' to the studio. He was asking scottish people on the streets what they thought of Sean Connery being voted worlds sexiest man, and the clip ended with Tony confusing a little chubby girl as a boy and she defensively replies in a heavy scottish accent: 'I'm not a laddy! I'm a lassie!!!'

Would love someone to point me in the right direction as to what show this segment featured on (Could be dgen or late show) and if they have the clip or know the episode let us know. It used to be on youtube (how i first came across it) but it seems to have been removed now and I cant remember any details anymore.

Hope someone can help :D

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Re: Episode/clip query

Post by ShitScared » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:09 pm

Martin and Molloy wrote:Hi Guys,

This is a bit of a stab in the dark as its quite a short segment but I was wondering if anyone remembers an episode where Tony Martin was over in Scotland (for some reason) and he was doing his street interviews over there, crossing 'live' to the studio. He was asking scottish people on the streets what they thought of Sean Connery being voted worlds sexiest man, and the clip ended with Tony confusing a little chubby girl as a boy and she defensively replies in a heavy scottish accent: 'I'm not a laddy! I'm a lassie!!!'

Would love someone to point me in the right direction as to what show this segment featured on (Could be dgen or late show) and if they have the clip or know the episode let us know. It used to be on youtube (how i first came across it) but it seems to have been removed now and I cant remember any details anymore.

Hope someone can help :D
It was the ill-fated Mick Molloy Show. Tony was in Edinburgh.

Martin and Molloy
Muckraker

Re: Episode/clip query

Post by Martin and Molloy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:51 pm

Thanks Shitscared, I'm glad it is indeed a real segment and it wasn't some warped tony martin dream I was recalling... Despite episodes 1-5 of the Mick Molloy show being online I can't seem to find ep 6 anywhere, which I have tracked down as the one with the live cross from Edinburgh... :(