Thank God You're Here - New show from Working Dog in 2006

Discuss what Working Dog are up to now, and the rest of The Late Show cast - Mick, Jason and Judith

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

Mason Hell-Cat
Champagne Comedian

Post by Mason Hell-Cat » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:45 am

Great episode last night!!
Micaleff was excellent as always.
"No holds barred....no beg your pardons..."

Loose talk: masonhellcat.wordpress.com
Foolish behaviour: youtube.com/user/MasonHellCat
Beer: hellcatsbeerblog.wordpress.com
and TV Dinner: masoandads.wordpress.com
mrtonymartin:
Hilarious 1986 ep of 'Backchat' with 'D-Generation' complaints: (starts at 1:30): http://tinyurl.com/3cfvrz8 (via @masonhellcat)

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:24 pm

Mason Hell-Cat wrote:Great episode last night!!
So excellent it seemed like he was on when he wasn't? Because Micallef was notably abscent from last night's show - did you mean Frank Woodley (who was back) or Glenn Robbins (in his first apperance)? I liked Woodly a lot more this time - they seemed to tailor his sketch more to his abilities - but some of the others skits are starting to feel a little like 'more of the same'. How many product demonstrations are we going to see over the course of the series?
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"

LSNut
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by LSNut » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:40 pm

13 schoolyards wrote:
Mason Hell-Cat wrote:Great episode last night!!
So excellent it seemed like he was on when he wasn't? Because Micallef was notably abscent from last night's show - did you mean Frank Woodley (who was back) or Glenn Robbins (in his first apperance)? I liked Woodly a lot more this time - they seemed to tailor his sketch more to his abilities - but some of the others skits are starting to feel a little like 'more of the same'. How many product demonstrations are we going to see over the course of the series?
What dya mean 'how many product demonstrations' ?? The Akmal Saleh GMA/Janelle-Chenelle style morning show thing was the first time they've done that .. and Akmal was brilliant !! A noted bullshit artist no doubt..

On the other hand if you mean the corporate launch type product demo thing then yeah they've done that a couple of times now .. and having Fifi Box do it made it even more of a train wreck - man she just doesnt have the talent for this..

Woodley was again very good - he has obvious knack for Improv as well .. Glenn Robbins was also good ..

As for Ms.Box again - well she is ok at those pre-recorded bits they are overall really funny those bits .. but get someone else before she has a seizure !!

Santo is on next week !!! Now we'll be talkin ... :D
Traction Jackson

sleeping_pirate
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by sleeping_pirate » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:25 am

I can't wait to get my video of this! :D
~Punch a Lapplander and sellotape a rat to your knees~

Chika-Chow

Mason Hell-Cat
Champagne Comedian

Post by Mason Hell-Cat » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:53 am

Sorry folks!
I got it wrong because I was watching the previous weeks ep in the ads of this weeks ep. I still am struggling to differentiate the two weeks! haha

Anyway, I found Micallef to be excellent, and Woodley and Robbins were great from this week.

mrtonymartin:
Hilarious 1986 ep of 'Backchat' with 'D-Generation' complaints: (starts at 1:30): http://tinyurl.com/3cfvrz8 (via @masonhellcat)

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:16 pm

Yeah, I should have been more specific - it was the product launch type of thing I was talking about. But I am a little worried that the "Have someone come in to sell / launch / discuss a product they know nothing about" skits could get a little tired... I really hope they have a huge whiteboard with skit ideas written all over it somewhere in the Working Dog offices.

That said, Akmal did a great job with his dodgy health suppliments - hopefully once the show settles down a bit they'll have a team of go-to guys who'll be able to turn pretty much anything into something worthwhile. And give Tommy G more to do!

LSNut
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by LSNut » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:13 pm

Great to see Santo back onscreen tonight - I think took him a while to warm up to up but by the end of the show I think he was getting right into the groove of it .. hope we see him back again in a few weeks!

Loved his line in the Dog Trial commentary thing - something like ...

Woman: "Do you think they will come down on her for the dog's presentation..?'
Santo: "They will come down hard on her for wearing that Windcheater"

.. which got the biggest laugh of the night !

Angus Sampson again was the funniest I think .. the guy just doesn't try too hard to say something funny like I think Peter Rowsthorn does and ends up being funnier ...

Robyn Butler - ahhh I like her but what is it with the chicks they just can't improv that well .. ?
Traction Jackson

Mason Hell-Cat
Champagne Comedian

Post by Mason Hell-Cat » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:52 am

Good summation LSNut!

Santo was excellent and it was great to see him doing comedy he is great at!!

I *loved* the line about the 'wind-cheater'! haha! I thought that one line alone would have won him the night!

Also, see the bit during the priest sketch at the end when they were talking about drive-thru church and Santo says "Yeah you go up to one window and say 'body of christ'" and I was thinking "That'd be nice!".
hehe

Robyn Butler - I thought she did ok, and definitely better than Fifi.

Angus Sampson - I agree I thought he did best this week. Funny guy.

Rowsthorne - Loved his Star Trek styled skit. Good fun!

mrtonymartin:

LSNut
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by LSNut » Thu May 04, 2006 1:15 am

Another top show tonight !!

*Finally* we find a female who can do something useful on this show - Julia Zemiro !!!! Loved her ever since her ad's for dstore.com.au and now 'Song for the Socceroos' (yes I'm that sad) ... she's was deliciously random in her sketch ..

Akmal again dodgy as.. Alan Brough made for his roles .. hehe love he ackowledged he didnt have to do much for the fat sketch at the end..

And it's a worry but I think I'm developing a thing for that blonde late-30's chick who does a lot of the 'straight' acting .. :shock: :shock:
Traction Jackson

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Thu May 04, 2006 12:09 pm

And it's a worry but I think I'm developing a thing for that blonde late-30's chick who does a lot of the 'straight' acting ..
You're not alone LSNut... you're not alone.