Frontline Series 2/3 to be released on DVD

Discuss what Working Dog are up to now, and the rest of The Late Show cast - Mick, Jason and Judith

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

kichigai
Brilliant, Brilliant

Frontline Series 2/3 to be released on DVD

Post by kichigai » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:42 am

Come March the final two series of Frontline will finally be released on DVD. Hurrah!
This is according to the ABC Shop website.

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:15 pm

God damn this is good news! I've been rediscovering
Frontline a bit lately (well, I found my old copy of the Frontline book and have been kicking myself that I taped over my off-TV episodes years ago), so this couldn't come at a better time (at least, for me).

Wonder if the second series of The Games will ever reach DVD?
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"

kichigai
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by kichigai » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:03 pm

Funny you should ask about The Games. I was looking at my series 1 of Frontline and The Games recently and thinking that they would never be released. But now i hear this good news, so i've got Frontline now i just need The Games.

Mason Hell-Cat
Champagne Comedian

Post by Mason Hell-Cat » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:16 pm

Im hanging out for a special edition Frontline with all seasons in one box, complete with promotion photos, making of doco, and director's commentary.....

*ahem*...

:roll:
"No holds barred....no beg your pardons..."

Loose talk: masonhellcat.wordpress.com
Foolish behaviour: youtube.com/user/MasonHellCat
Beer: hellcatsbeerblog.wordpress.com
and TV Dinner: masoandads.wordpress.com
mrtonymartin:
Hilarious 1986 ep of 'Backchat' with 'D-Generation' complaints: (starts at 1:30): http://tinyurl.com/3cfvrz8 (via @masonhellcat)

Dufflecoat Supreme
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by Dufflecoat Supreme » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:31 pm

I'm not sure if you'd get all those extras. I get the feeling all the extras (commentary, more good bits, pics, extras) on the Champagne Comedy DVD were the work of Tony Martin, and the Working Dog guys might not have the same attention to detail.
An almost fanatical love of the safari suit.

RealInspectorShane
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by RealInspectorShane » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:40 pm

Yeah. At the very most, I'm expecting Behind The Frontline and not much else. Then again, Tony and Mick appeared in Season 3, so there' s a tenuous link to be exploited. :D
"Bugger the Institute Jock!"

kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:47 pm

Given the imminent demise of the current DVD format, I expect we'll be rediscovering Frontline in 'Blu-Ray' or whatever format it is, in years to come! Or a 3D version of the show beamed into my living room! Anyway... yeah! This is great news for me and my multi-region DVD player, but I'm not holding my breath for any extras.

And yes, Tony Martin's 'anorakish' attention to detail will probably be lost here...

kichigai
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by kichigai » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:56 am

Hopefully 'Behind The Frontline' is on the series two disc, as it was on one of the video releases for series two.

Mason Hell-Cat
Champagne Comedian

Post by Mason Hell-Cat » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:19 am

Dufflecoat Supreme wrote:I'm not sure if you'd get all those extras. I get the feeling all the extras (commentary, more good bits, pics, extras) on the Champagne Comedy DVD were the work of Tony Martin, and the Working Dog guys might not have the same attention to detail.
I wasn't being serious....
"No holds barred....no beg your pardons..."

Loose talk: masonhellcat.wordpress.com
Foolish behaviour: youtube.com/user/MasonHellCat
Beer: hellcatsbeerblog.wordpress.com
and TV Dinner: masoandads.wordpress.com
mrtonymartin:
Hilarious 1986 ep of 'Backchat' with 'D-Generation' complaints: (starts at 1:30): http://tinyurl.com/3cfvrz8 (via @masonhellcat)

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:18 pm

I've always wondered what kind of extras the Working Dog crew would throw in if they cared about that sort of thing - d'you think they'd provide funny commentaries, or would they be more about the technical / name-checking actors / discribing locations side of things?

Of course, the best solution is to do one of each, a la Tone's Bad Eggs DVD (pretty much the gold standard when it come to extras methinks)
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"