introduction from Damien Lasaration.

Who are you people, anyway? New members and lurkers, reveal yourselves. Got any projects or announcements to make? This is all about you.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

ewe2
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by ewe2 »

In my share house of the time, we'd drop everything for the late show, it was an addictive fix. I had serious withdrawals when it ended, did anyone else?
kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim »

HAD serious withdrawals? I still do! This site was for people who still have 'em ;)
Damien Lasaration
Muckraker

Its not easy being me.

Post by Damien Lasaration »

Like when I go I was a big fan of the Late Show they'd go, what you mean the David Letterman one? Like as if there is a Wiggles version around 10:30 pm running around too?! Even back in my younger years when I was in year nine. Id wear the cap and the shirt (yeah it was a public school), people would still be thick and ask what "that was all about?!". One dick commented on my late show t shirt and said why did I spend $29.95 at the ABC shop when I could of painted it with liqiud paper. Sounds like a top tip from VIZ magazine eh folks!
When the Late Show ended I remember the day as though John Lennon got shot day. I was on the train (going somewhere) and I saw the paragraph in the DailyTelegraph with a picture of Rob's Late Show hated face. Now that we have the movies and all that it is NO SUBSTITUTE FOR THE LATE SHOW, come back Cammo! Leave our Cammo alone!
Now that I am an artist (wanting to be on the verge of Show biz arse hole status) I would love to paint one of the gang for the Archibald but they are all Melbourne based and I am here in wankerville, Sydney. Rove is funny, dont get me wrong but NOT WITH THE GOOD SCISSORS! People cut him up but he is the next generation and the D Genare part of our history. I am just appalled at shows like 20 to 1. Walking abortions, how dare the wheel out Budddy like he is some geriatric nostalgic pushhead! What a lie! I am sure that the D Gen would parody that crap. But now they have that empty vessle whatshername on the Panel.?!
The good old days have left us. Time to make good new days good! I am glad to have found you guys, I hope you know where I am coming from. The people from the art/ kigurumi/ zentai and gothic forums dont get me, I hope you guys do. Oh just one more thing. Back in High School I remember being bashed for my late show tshirt and cap. I had to re buy them (yeah, like the bully was going to buy it for me and say sorry), it was a kid I used to grow up with but fell out as I was not "popular enough" and then went on to pimp himself to the whores of elite pedistals of popularity). But Yeah, I miss the Late Show, I think the ABC should have a hand in putting a reunion in order, anyone agree?

DL.
This is my signature.
Mason Hell-Cat
Champagne Comedian

Post by Mason Hell-Cat »

Too much reading...
"No holds barred....no beg your pardons..."

Loose talk: masonhellcat.wordpress.com
Foolish behaviour: youtube.com/user/MasonHellCat
Beer: hellcatsbeerblog.wordpress.com
and TV Dinner: masoandads.wordpress.com
mrtonymartin:
Hilarious 1986 ep of 'Backchat' with 'D-Generation' complaints: (starts at 1:30): http://tinyurl.com/3cfvrz8 (via @masonhellcat)
Steve
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Steve »

I feel like I'm in Room 7 at the Cabana Motel again :(
"Sturt was a good film... but it was no Strzelecki"

R.I.P. GTV-9 Bendigo Street, Richmond... A lifetime of memories behind those red brick walls.

Member #46
Damien Lasaration
Muckraker

*does a Rob Sitchlike*

"Argggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!", there! I have let it out of my system!, Who was the Late Show member that kept the recurring James Reyne bit?

Um necken necke um necken wo
um necken necke

risen damp risen damp

um necken necke
um nucken wo
um nucken necke

RISEN DAMP
RISEN DAIIMP

thank you very much youve been the best audience weve ever had.

Goodnight, woo!

DL.
This is my signature.
Pete the Clown
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by Pete the Clown »

Think it was John Harrison, he did play James Reyne in the Five In A Row film clip.
Good to have on board Damo, I still remember having to watch the last 5-10 minutes of shows like Birds of a Feather before The Late Show in the second season.

"I'm drinking out of someone elses coffee mug"
Steve
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Steve »

It first featured titled "Australian Drawl"

John H. as James Reyne with sub-titles on the D-Generation (circa 1986).
"Sturt was a good film... but it was no Strzelecki"

R.I.P. GTV-9 Bendigo Street, Richmond... A lifetime of memories behind those red brick walls.

Member #46
Damien Lasaration
Muckraker

Then as a summer reprise...

... He came back as Singo, very convincing. Wasnt he in The ABC show of SWAP SHOP? I get him and that guy (who used to be in Police Rescue) mixed up. Anyhow yeah I too had to endure Birds of a fucking feather. Man, Doreen, she then was in that gay sitcom that had the cool song theme by Kylie, I forget the new sitcom. Far and away, somthing gay like that. Typical itv shit. Man now then it was waiting a while for RAGE to play the Manic Street Preachers on their Britpop nights. When I come to the form to host Rage I will be playing one (or two) of every chapter of THe MSP in my compilation.
Night and Day, that was the show! Great theme song, shit show. If the Late show was on today we would have to put up with that.
May I say that Ricky Gervas is a one trick pony. The Office was only funny for the first episode and he shouldnt be fellated for he is a no talent bum. Comedy Inc is funnier than him! On a different not DEADRINGERS IS GOD! That show is awesome. The do roadshow, russell crowe to Liam Gallager, Now I for got the name of that main guy who does Ozzy and Russ. He is amazing. He was the voice of Dubya on that Georde Micheal Clip of kick the pony. I miss the Late Show. I am getting old.

DL.

Its great to feel welcome here, shine on!

Jon Culshaw, thats his name. Champgne Comedy (raises glass to the man)
This is my signature.
kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim »

ahh birds of a feather! i actually made a point of making sure the vcr was set up and that i was comfortable, in my room with the door closed so i was not disturbed by the time 10pm rolled by. and as a result of all this meticulous preparation i ended up watching more than the 5-10 mins of birds of a feather than i dare admit. doreen! the blonde woman is occasionally on tv here in britain! what'll i do, if you were far away!