Getting To Know You

Who are you people, anyway? New members and lurkers, reveal yourselves. Got any projects or announcements to make? This is all about you.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

LSNut
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by LSNut » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:44 pm

Gosh almight Mike Mead - that's just *toooo* long ago I can barely remember it !!!! But yeah I think I used to get home from school everyday to watch Now You See It !!!

As for RH - wow your connected! If you know a girl who knows a girl who works for W.A.S.T.E. your home & hosed!!! Gawd Sigur Ros supporting RH is like me and my mate's ultimate concert - tho SR deserve their own headlining - yes they are way out there but we love it...

Kaiser Chiefs - yeah love 'I predict a Riot' but dont know much else - is the rest of their stuff more of that Britpunk Indie sound? Or Franz Ferdinand you said yeah he's cool will have to check that ooot.

Debbie Kruger is a living retro tribute to the very old school days of late 70's early 80's !! Crackup..
Traction Jackson

foolhardycousingeorge
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by foolhardycousingeorge » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:43 pm

13 schoolyards wrote:I'm sure I've mentioned this elsewhere here, but I was a huge DLB fan - I've still got both their tapes and their crappy G'N R inspired t-shirt somewhere. I even taped their recent 'reunion' special on RRR... which, to be honest, wasn't all that special

Leapin' Larry is currently writing a fair bit of stuff for The Age, Brett Duck is Nine News' Brett McLeod, Double A is still reading the news on some radio station I only ever seem to hear on public transport, and Dennis Twilight is... out there somewhere.
Double A reads news on 3AW.

Dennis Twilight is a lawyer. My brother used to work in a mailroom that handled legal documents, and saw DT when he was out making deliveries. [/i]
".....that's what's ahead here on Martin Molloy; the only radio show with an inner core of sphagnum."

half goon half god
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by half goon half god » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:00 pm

Hey, I'm Jesse.

I just found this forum off the link from Wikipedia, and I must say I'm rather impressed.

I'm 19, from Adelaide, and very much into music (MGF, Regurgitator, TISM, etc) and love the D-Gen's work, especially The Late Show and Frontline.

I had no idea that there was still a Late Show community. I'm very happy about this.

kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:51 pm

Welcome Jesse :)

LSNut
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by LSNut » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:08 am

Hey welcome Jesse - geez I didnt know we were referenced on Wikipedia (which is bloody great btw)...

So AA is reading the news on 3AW? Is that that Tony Taglio guy? My mates from Uni were huge DLB fans.. 13school you didnt go to Melb Uni around 91-94 did you ?
Traction Jackson

rdmcphee
Sandhurst Mechanic

Getting to Know You

Post by rdmcphee » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:25 am

LSNut, I believe you're thinking of David Armstrong. Every time I hear him, I expect to sign off his news bulletin with a cry of "Arriba!" or do his Kev the Truckie voice.
Actor Melvyn Hayes and stars of the Carry On films.

FW de Klerk
Muckraker

Post by FW de Klerk » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:10 am

Hi Guys,

My name is John and I stumbled on this site one day while I was bored at work. I gotta say that I am impressed that there are a few avid followers of the D Gen and particulary 'The Late Show'. Usually it was something you would share with your circle of friends but when you go out and meet someone use to watch it, you can have a laugh for hours about it.

Its good that you guys have good taste in comedy!

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:06 pm

Yep, DLB's Double A is David Armstrong - I'd pretty much give all my worldly posessions to hear his DLB 'Fornication' board game ad again.

"She's ugly, but it's late and she's got a car - fornication!"

foolhardycousingeorge
Australia's Best Dressed

Re: Pugwall's full name

Post by foolhardycousingeorge » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:16 pm

Steve wrote:sorry, HIS full name?
Pugwall's full name was Peter Unwin George Wall.
".....that's what's ahead here on Martin Molloy; the only radio show with an inner core of sphagnum."

Steve
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Steve » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:58 am

that's it!
"Sturt was a good film... but it was no Strzelecki"

R.I.P. GTV-9 Bendigo Street, Richmond... A lifetime of memories behind those red brick walls.

Member #46