Getting To Know You

Who are you people, anyway? New members and lurkers, reveal yourselves. Got any projects or announcements to make? This is all about you.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

twinkle
Muckraker

Post by twinkle » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:03 pm

Hallo, my name is Twinkle/Kellie, I'm 18 years old and I currently inhabit the cultural wasteland that is Hobart, Tasmania...

Um, I saw the site mentioned on imdb, so I sort of found myself here whilst avoiding university study. Hopefully I'll remember to come back here, it seems like fun.

I'm terrible at introductions (I never know what to say and I'm terrified about coming across as a twat) so I'm going to go and hide now. See you all later...

LSNut
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by LSNut » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:59 pm

Welcome to forum twinkle !!

Our esteemed venerable BENefactor of TLS DVD collection - Ben - is also from Hobart Town.. so your in good company!
Traction Jackson

RobOz
Muckraker

Post by RobOz » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:21 am

Hi Guys,

I'm Rob from Sydney.

I just came across this site after doing a search, as I have a renewed interest in TLS after watching the Champagne Comedy discs on the weekend. I got the set when it first came out, & have only just now found the time to watch it.

I was a big fan of the show when it aired, though I think I missed the first couple of episodes before discovering it. Favourite bits would be ShitScared & the PotLuck Toilet Breaks.

I am also a fan of some of the other shows that aired on the ABC around the same time (Degrassi, Press Gang, etc.), & have recently discovered DVD sets available for my nostalgia fix.

Cheers !
"City lifes' a crazy scene, & I wish the traffic lights'd all turn green !"

kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:20 pm

Welcome Twinkle and Rob!

Rob, I was also a big Degrassi fan! Let me know what the DVDs are like as I'm thinking of buying them.

twinkle
Muckraker

Post by twinkle » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:54 am

I keep checking the forums every few days, and I never know what to write anywhere... I'm a victim of my own shyness!

BenG
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by BenG » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:18 pm

Twinkle, dont be shy, you are one of us now! Make your way over to the other threads when you get time and post away :-)

Pato
Muckraker

Post by Pato » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:25 am

Hi, I'm Phil from Adelaide. I found this forum via the Wikipedia entry and oh good heavens, I'm so excited to find it!

*DUN-DA-DAAAAAAAH!*

Ah, The Late Show. It has never left me. I remember growing up as a lad on the Mud Fields watching this at home on Saturday night. Laughing for ten minutes straight when Tony informed a gentleman on the street that he had a kid attached to his head.

*DUN-DA-DAAAAAAAH!*

Yep, so that's me!

kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:29 am

THAT SKETCH RULES...................
Especially when the dad just laughs cos he has no frickin idea..
and 'Australians, all let us rejoice, for we wear tight Lee jeans.'

Welcome to the forum, Phil... glad you found us... looks like it's gonna be fun with you around.

Pato
Muckraker

Post by Pato » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:31 pm

Of course it ruled! Was there a Mick & Tony street sketch that never ruled? :)

"Cat got your tounge?"

BenG
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by BenG » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:56 pm

"Competition furder"